Our family and friends now too far-flung to do this around the dining room table at Christmas, so we will conduct our baby name challenge RIGHT HERE ON LIVEJOURNAL!
Here's how it works:
- I will post one clue per day, at approximately 6 p.m. (that's 4 a.m. in Auckland -- sorry David, 8 a.m. in California, 9 a.m. in Montana, 10 a.m. in Kansas City, 11 a.m. in Pittsburgh/DC, 3 p.m. in Oxford, and 4 p.m. in Ouagadougou, in case anyone in Ouagadougou decides to join in).
- You may then post a comment containing either your guess for the day or general commentary.
- Your comments will be SCREENED, which means they won't be visible to others until I approve them. I WILL ONLY APPROVE GUESSES IF THEY ARE INCORRECT; thus, if you see a name in comments, you can assume it is an incorrect guess.
- When you post a correct guess, I'll post that you have finished the game, but will not unscreen your comment.
- Using Google and other resources is totally fine.
- We will continue posting daily clues for as long as people are guessing!
- This is meant to be collaborative, so cross-talk is encouraged. If everyone thinks we're naming our daughter Gertrude but you happen to know that I was deeply traumatized by Gertrude the Puzzle Bird in 6th grade*, I encourage you to share that information.
* Totally made up. Gertrude the Puzzle Bird rocked my little 6th grade world.
Your first clue is this:
It's a saint's name.